Taebur LLC (d/b/a Tea with Tae)
Last Updated: March 1, 2021
Collection of Information
Use of Information
Sharing of Information
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Your California Privacy Rights
Additional Disclosures for Individuals in the Europe
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, you share information directly with us when you create an account, fill out a form, submit or post content through our Services, make a purchase, communicate with us via third-party platforms, participate in a contest or promotion, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of personal information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, credit card and other payment information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Other Information We Collect When You Interact with Us
When you access or use our Services or otherwise transact business with us, we automatically collect information about your activities, including:
Activity Information: We collect information about your activity on our Services, such as your tea preferences, your tea-drinking behavior/frequency, and past order history.
Transactional Information: When you make a purchase or return, we collect information about the transaction, such as product details, purchase price, and date and location of the transaction.
Device and Usage Information: We collect information about how you access our Services, including data about the device and network you use, such as your hardware model, operating system version, mobile network, IP address, unique device identifiers, browser type, and app version. We also collect information about your activity on our Services, such as access times, pages viewed, links clicked, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
Location Information: In accordance with your device permissions, we may also collect information about the precise location of your device. You may stop the collection of precise location information at any time (see Your Choices below for details).
Information We Collect from Other Sources
We may also obtain information about you from other sources. For example, we may collect information about you from identity verification services, credit bureaus, advertising networks, data analytics providers, mailing list providers, social networks (e.g., Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), and other third-party sources. Additionally, if you create or log into your Tea with Tae account through a third-party platform or social network, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your full name, username, birthday, friends/connections list, and profile picture, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party platform.
Information We Derive
We may derive information or draw inferences about you based on the information we or our partners collect. For example, we may make inferences about your location based on your IP address or infer that you are looking to purchase certain products based on your browsing behavior and past purchases.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use the information we collect to deliver the products and services you request and customize your experience with us. We also use the information we collect to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our products and services;
- Process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations, receipts, invoices, customers experience surveys, and recall notices;
- Send you technical notices, security alerts, and support and administrative messages and to respond to your comments, questions, and to provide you customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, and events offered by Tea with Tae and others, and provide news and information we think will interest you (see Your Choices below for information about how to opt out of these communications at any time);
- Provide and administer our loyalty program;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Tailor your experience on our Services;
- Personalize the advertisements you see when you use our Services based on information provided by our advertising partners;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Detect, investigate and prevent security incidents and other malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, and protect the rights and property of Tea with Tae and others;
- Debug to identify and repair errors in our Services;
- Comply with our legal and financial obligations; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We share personal information in the following circumstances or as otherwise described in this policy:
- With vendors, service providers, and consultants that need access to personal information in order to perform services for us, such as companies that assist us with web hosting and fulfillment (e.g., Shopify), shipping and delivery (e.g., Pirate Ship), payment processing (e.g., Shopify, Stripe, Square, etc.) fraud prevention, customer service, and marketing and advertising (e.g., Mailchimp, Klaviyo, Omnisend, etc.);
- Publicly on our Services if you submit a product review or post content in another public area of our Services;
- If we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law or legal process, including lawful requests by public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, if we believe you have violated the law, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Tea with Tae, our users, the public, or others;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Tea with Tae and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
ADVERTISING AND ANALYTICS
We also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of customized campaigns on third-party platforms (e.g., Facebook and Instagram). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address and phone number, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and serve you advertising that is customized to your interest. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
TRANSFER OF INFORMATION TO THE U.S. AND OTHER COUNTRIES
Tea with Tae is headquartered in the United States and we have operations and service providers in the United States and other countries. Therefore, we and our service providers may transfer your personal information to, or store or access it in, jurisdictions that may not provide equivalent levels of data protection as your home jurisdiction. We will take steps to ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection in the jurisdictions in which we process it.
You may update and correct certain account information you provide to us at any time by logging into your account, emailing us at email@example.com or calling us at 1-888-TEA-W-TAE. If you wish to deactivate your account, you may do so through logging into your account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling us at 1-888-TEA-W-TAE, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you.
When you first launch any of our mobile apps that collect precise location information, you will be asked to consent to the app’s collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of this location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, some of our Services may no longer function properly. You may also stop our collection of this location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile apps from your device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Tea with Tae by following the instructions in those communications, by managing your communication preferences in your account settings menu or emailing email@example.com with the subject-line “Opt-Out” and requesting to opt out of promotional communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications
With your consent, we may send push notifications to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Consumer Privacy Act or "CCPA" (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq.) affords consumers residing in California certain rights with respect to their personal information and the “Shine the Light” Law (California Civil Code section 1798.83). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
California Consumer Privacy Act
We collect the following categories of personal information: Unique Identifiers, Financial Information, Protected class data, Purchase history, Biometric data, Internet activity, and Inferences. For examples of the precise data points we collect and the categories of sources of such collection, please see Collection of Information above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in Use of Information above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Category of Personal Information
Categories of Recipients
Unique Identifiers (e.g., Name, address, telephone, email, account name, online identifier, IP address)
Data analytics tools; Digital Marketing and Social media companies and users; Carriers and shipping partners; Email service providers; Customer service providers; and Payment providers.
Financial Information (e.g., Credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information)
Payment processors; Shipment and fulfillment providers; and Customer service providers.
Protected class data (e.g., Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law, including: race, ancestry, national origin, age (40 years or older),marital status, sex, sexual orientation, medical condition, disability, genetics, and veteran or military status)
Marketing partners; and Customer service providers.
Purchase history (e.g., Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies)
Analytics companies; Digital marketing; and Social media companies; Payment processors; Shipping and fulfillment providers; and Customer service providers.
Biometric data (e.g., voice recordings from customer-service phone calls)
Customer service providers.
Internet activity (e.g., Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement)
Data analytics tools; Digital marketing; and Social media companies and users; and Email providers.
Inferences (e.g., Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes)
Data analytics tools; Digital marketing; and Social media companies and users; and Email providers.
Tea with Tae does NOT sell your personal information.
We do not knowingly sell personal information about consumers under the age of 16.
Subject to certain limitations, you have the right to (1) request to know more about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, and disclose, (2) request deletion of your personal information, (3) opt out of any “sales” of your personal information that may be occurring, and (4) not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights. You may make these requests by calling 1-888-TEA-W-TAE or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will verify your request by asking you to provide information related to your recent interactions with us, such as information regarding a recent purchase. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
If we receive your request from an authorized agent, we may ask for evidence that you have provided such agent with power of attorney or that the agent otherwise has valid written authority to submit requests to exercise rights on your behalf. If you are an authorized agent seeking to make a request, please contact us.
Shine the Light
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at 1-888-TEA-W-TAE and/or email@example.com.
ADDITIONAL DISCLOSURES FOR INDIVIDUALS IN EUROPE
If you are located in the European Economic Area, the United Kingdom or Switzerland, you have certain rights and protections under the law regarding the processing of your personal data, and this section applies to you.
Legal Basis for Processing
When we process your personal data, we will do so in reliance on the following lawful bases:
- To perform our responsibilities under our contract with you (e.g., processing payments for and providing the products you have ordered).
- When we have a legitimate interest in processing your personal data to operate our business or protect our interests (e.g., to provide, maintain and improve our products and services, conduct data analytics, and communicate with you).
- When we find such processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g., to maintain a record of your consents and track those who have opted-out of marketing communications).
- When we have your consent to do so (e.g., when you agree to receive marketing communications from us). When consent is the legal basis for our processing your personal data, you may withdraw such consent at any time.
We store personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it and for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations. We will make an attempt to delete inactive accounts after 2 years, but note that other third-parties (e.g., Shopify) may store your personal data for longer depending on their terms of service and privacy policies.
Data Subject Requests
You have the right to request access to the personal data we hold about you and to ask that your personal data be corrected, erased, or transferred. You may also have the right to object to, or request that we restrict, certain processing. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions or Complaints
If you have a concern about our processing of personal data that we are not able to resolve, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data privacy authority where you reside. Contact details of your Data Protection Authority can be found using the links below:
For individuals in the EEA: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm
For individuals in the UK: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
For individuals in Switzerland: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home/the-fdpic/contact.html