Tea with Tae is hiring!
We're on a mission to bring people together over delicious tea. If you're interested in joining a fast-growing consumer packaged goods company in the tea industry, then consider joining us at TWT! Check out our openings below 👇
PART-TIME FARMERS / HOLIDAY MARKET SALES ASSOCIATES (Year Round, always hiring)
PAY: $17.50/hr + 10% Net Sales commission (avg. $22/hr with some making $30/hr+)
Tea with Tae is a rapidly growing, woman-owned tea company in the Denver area. We operate out of our warehouse in Lakewood, Colorado and sell our products online and in 500+ retail stores throughout the U.S. and Canada.
Tea with Tae is looking for seasonal part-time Farmers Market OR Holiday Market Sales Associates to oversee our booths at various local markets and pop-ups in the Greater Denver Area beginning in May and running through the end of the year. Farmers Markets and Holiday Markets are an important part of our business and have been integral in helping us grow as a brand in these early days. Our presence at these markets provide a sense of community and support for other local businesses.
If you're specifically interested in working one of our holiday markets (e.g., Cherry Creek Holiday Market, Christkindlmarket) in November/December, please specify in your cover email to email@example.com.
We are looking for candidates who are motivated, entrepreneurial, outgoing, quick-learners, and willing to break a little sweat (maybe a lot, depending on the temperature that day) this spring/summer/fall.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Pay: $17.50/hour + 10% Net Sales (avg. is $22/hr but some salespeople have made $30/hr+ in this position)
- Shifts range from 7am-2pm on weekends for farmers markets to 11am-9pm for holiday markets. Please specify your availability.
- Access to a bigger car (SUV, hatchback, etc.) to carry the market supplies is preferred but not required
- Must be able to lift ~50 lbs.
- Willing to interact with and talk to customers face-to-face about our products
- Willing to learn about tea, tea blends, health benefits of tea, etc. so you can converse with customers about our products with confidence and ease
- If interested, please email (i) your resume and (ii) 3 references to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates for this job will have the opportunity to work alongside and report directly to the owners and upper management at Tea with Tae. In this position, you will gain valuable entrepreneurial experience in a rapidly growing ecommerce CPG startup in the tea industry. You’re going to learn a lot.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Farmers Markets run on Saturdays and Sundays, shift duration is usually 7am-2pm; we’re looking for someone to be available Sunday with a preference for someone who can work both Saturday and Sunday (Total Commitment per week will be <20 hours).
- Holiday Markets in November and December run every day from 11am-7pm Sunday to Wednesday, and 11am-9pm on Thursday to Saturday. Shifts are usually broken up into 5-hour periods (11am-4pm; 4pm-9pm). Please specify your availability in your cover email.
- Access to a van, SUV, or large hatchback type car preferable but not required
- Must have a smartphone
- Comfortable working with Point-of-Sale software (e.g., Square, Shopify, etc.)
- Experience working a cash register / previous retail jobs (preferred)
- Comfortable talking to and interacting with customers / handle large crowds
- Comfortable talking about different types of tea including their flavor profiles and health benefits (we will teach you!)
- Ability to prepare hot/iced tea drinks and product samples, while following local health regulations (we will teach you!)
- Consistency with market setup/take-down and communication
- Ability to lift, load, and unload market gear, jugs, and coolers – approx. 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand for long period of time – approx. 4 hours
- Ability to learn quickly and multitask
- Customer-focused - Attentive to customer needs and requests
- Ability to follow company standards and procedures
- Random tasks, as needed and mutually agreed upon (who knows? This is a startup!)
If this sounds interesting to you and you think you’re a good fit for TWT, please email (i) your resume and (ii) 3 references to us at email@example.com.
Please also specify the following:
- Your availability during the week, including Saturday and Sunday.
- Are you interested in working Farmers Markets, Holiday Markets, or both?
- When can you start working?
- Do you have access to a large SUV or hatchback?
Tea with Tae is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or marital status.
We look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your interest in our local, Colorado-based tea company!
What is Tea with Tae?
Tea with Tae is a rapidly growing, woman-owned tea company based in Denver, Colorado. Our company is focused on building community through delicious tea - bringing people together one cup at a time.
We’ve developed our products with this specific community-focused goal in mind, specifically our flagship product, the Tea Bento Box. The Tea Bento Box contains six different types of teas that a customer can select from our menu of 20+ different tea varieties – from herbal teas to black teas to green to oolong to rooibos and more. The customer can build their own Tea Bento Box with these different teas and then experience each tea blend themself or, better yet, share these unique tea blends with their friends, family, and loved ones.
Tea has historically been associated with social gatherings. From Japanese tea ceremonies in the 12th and 13th centuries to Afternoon Tea that started in Great Britain in the mid 19th century, tea has always been a catalyst for interesting conversation, laughter, and relationship building. That’s what Tea with Tae is aiming to do with its brand. We want to bring those bonding experiences back into the mainstream, and we believe our beautifully presented delicious tea can be the vehicle to do that.
That’s what Tea with Tae is all about. Bringing people together one cup at a time.